Date: Monday, 10 May 2021
AELP London supports its members to deliver programmes that increase workforce productivity and improve social mobility in the capital.
Building on the GLA’s recently-published Local Skills Report, the purpose of the event is to bring key providers and decision-makers together and discuss how London can deliver an inclusive, skills-led recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. We will hear from a range of organisations including the GLA, London Councils, Policy Connect, The Forward Trust, and more.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to share your thoughts and how we can all work on delivering this important agenda.
- Nichola Hay MBE, Chair of AELP London
- Forogh Rahmani, Senior Manager in the GLA’s Skills and Employment Strategy Team
- Cllr Clare Coghill, Leader of Waltham Forest Council and London Councils’ Executive member for Skills and Employment
- Asi Panditharatna, Director of Employment Services for The Forward Trust
- Jeff Greenidge, Director of Diversity for the AoC and ETF
- Michelle Cuomo-Boorer, Director of Skills and Employment at the GLA
- Stephen Evans, Chief Executive of the Learning & Work Institute
- Mary Vine-Morris, London Regional Director of the Association of Colleges
- Crawford Knott, Managing Director of Hawk Training
- 9:30 - 9:45
- Introduction from Nichola Hay MBE
- 9:45 - 10:00
- Mark Dawe, The Skills Network
- 10:00 - 10:30
- Keynote 1
- 10:30 - 10:40
- Coffee break
- 10:40 - 11.10
- Panel session 1 - ‘Delivering a more inclusive approach to London’s skills recovery’
- 11:10 - 11:40
- Keynote 2
- 11:40 - 11:50
- Coffee break
- 11:50 - 12:20
- Panel session 2 - ‘Maximising opportunities for Londoners from the Plan for Jobs’
- 12:20 - 12:30
- Summary remarks from Nichola Hay MBE
Free for AELP London Members
AELP Member: £49.00 + VAT
Non-AELP Member: £49.00 + VAT*
* If you join AELP London within 30 days of the event, the cost will be subtracted from your membership fee. For more information including membership benefits, please visit: aelplondon.org.uk/membership or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by The Skills Network
AELP London’s Strategic Forum provides AELP London members with an opportunity to discuss their priorities and engage with the AELP policy and research team, to help us to shape our lobbying strategy.
A detailed policy update is provided by our Senior Policy Officer, and the Forum also sees key London commissioners, such as the GLA, present to, and engage with, members.
The agenda for the Strategic Forum changes on a Forum-by-Forum basis, to reflect the requirements of our members; ensure that we are focusing on the priority issues for the sector and our members.
|Wednesday, 26th May 2021||2.00pm – 4.30pm||Online|
|Wednesday, 28th July 2021||10.00am – 12.30pm||TBC|
|Wednesday, 06th October 2021||10.00am – 12.30pm||TBC|
|Wednesday, 01st December 2021||10.00am – 12.30pm||TBC|